We are a world-leading rehabilitation provider with clinical expertise in prosthetics, orthotics, special seating and wheelchairs. We design and manufacture a multi award-winning range of lower limb prostheses and provide clinical services to the NHS, military and patients internationally. With 130 years of innovation and expertise behind us, we produce the world’s most advanced microprocessor artificial limbs.
As a Rehabilitation Engineer, you will be a strong communicator, and have a flexible and caring approach. You will be methodical and have good organisational skills, particularly when working to varying deadlines, and you will be a proactive individual, who is passionate about delivering an excellent service and developing your skills within a professional service setting.
Responsibilities of the Rehabilitation Engineer:
- Using your specialist technicial knowledge in wheelchairs, complex special seating and pressure care across a wide range of clinical conditions to assess, set up and demonstrate the use of equipment
- Working with the MDT to design and provide innovative solutions to service users
- Providing technical drawings to allow the production of innovative solutions
- Working with the Service Manager to ensure the development of the service
- Using specialist techniques for the handling of patients with physical and cognitive needs and appropriate techniques or precautions when treating/handling patients who present with behaviours and/or mental health needs
Requirements of the Rehabilitation Engineer:
- Ideally we are looking for someone who has worked as a Rehabilitation Engineer in a wheelchair setting, who is used to dealing with patients.
- We also welcome applications from individuals who have experience of working in a mechanical engineering workshop and are able to use hand and power tools. Knowledge and understanding of mechanical engineering principals and techniques is highly advantageous.
- Preferably the successful candidate will have some previous experience of working with wheelchair users in a technical role; however we welcome applications from engineers from different disciplines who would like to transfer their skills to improve the lives of our wheelchair service users.
In return we offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and the opportunity to develop within a successful wheelchair service.
How to apply?
If you feel like you meet the above criteria of the Rehabilitation Engineer, please apply now!
Please apply by sending your CV to the Recruitment Team on Recruitment@Blatchford.co.uk or contact a member of the team on the same email for more information