- Situational Awareness – an Inertial Measurement Unit senses movement and speed to respond accordingly, in real time
- Enhanced Stability Performance – 5 levels of stance resistance optimises safety at all times
– Controlled Stance Support
– Standing Support
– Dynamic Slope and Stair Descent
– Stumble Recovery
– Supported Sitting
- Natural Efficient Motion – MPC pneumatics ensure energy efficient and smooth swing at multiple speeds
– Optimal Stance Release
– Adaptive Speed Control
– Terminal Swing Damping
- Cycling Mode and Fixed Angle Flexion Lock Mode
- Knee Flexion to 130°
- Lithium Ion batteries with up to 3 days life, dependent on usage
- Battery Life Indicator and Low Power Mode
- New! Heel Rise Damping
- New! Stair Descent Recognition
- New! Training Mode
- New! Stance Flexion
- New! Recessed, covered and magnetic charging point
- New! Programming App for Android and iOS
- New! Button Programming Functionality
Download the Orion3 Datasheet to read more about the new and enhanced features.
Programming Orion3 just got faster and simpler with the new Orion3 Programming App for clinicians available on iOS and Android . With its simple to follow automated smart programming, you can complete limb set up with fewer steps whilst still having access to more advanced fine tuning if required.Orion3 Brochure
Enhanced Stability Performance
Enhanced Stability Performance (ESP) increases the user’s confidence and independence, reducing the risk of stumbles or falls and ensuring more balanced limb loading for greater long term health and protection.
ESP adapts hydraulic resistance in real time, providing optimal stance support whether walking in a crowded environment, on uneven terrain, slopes, steps and now also when standing. With situational awareness, Orion3 continuously monitors the user’s activity and responds accordingly for greater safety.
Controlled Stance Support
Supportive resistance throughout stance phase provides optimal stability for walking with greater safety and less effort on all-terrain.
Maximum resistance stabilises knee, on both at and slopes, encouraging better posture and balanced loading to relieve pressure on sound limb and lower back.
Stance resistance engages during swing phase extension to ensure knee stability should the user stumble.
Dynamic Slope & Stair Descent
Knee resistance progressively increases with immediate support on the first step and increasing support with further knee flexion for enhanced control and safety when descending stairs or slopes.
Progressive hydraulic resistance ensures greater support and control to sit down with safety and confidence and more balanced loading across both limbs.
Natural Efficient Motion
Knee flexion during swing phase varies according to walking speed. With microprocessor pneumatic swing control, Orion3 controls heel rise across a range of walking speeds for a more natural swing. The pneumatic spring also makes it easier to initiate swing, saving energy with every step and ensuring more natural knee flexion at lower speeds.
Optimal Stance Release
Orion3 releases high resistance just before the knee bends for optimal safety, easy knee flexion and reduced walking effort.
Adaptive Speed Control
By sensing changes in walking speeds, Orion3 dynamically adapts pneumatic control in real time for a smooth, natural and energy efficient swing.*
Terminal Swing Damping
Swing phase extension is damped in late swing to soften knee movement and prevent terminal swing impact.
*Studies have shown the reduced physiological cost of walking, with reduction in energy expenditure by up to 20% – please refer to our clinical compendium for further details.
Smart Programming App
Programming Orion3 just got faster and simpler with the new Orion3 Programming App for clinicians available on iOS and Android. With its simple to follow automated smart programming, you can complete limb set up with fewer steps whilst still having access to more advanced fine tuning if required.
This app is for clinicians who have completed a Blatchford approved training course and requires an authorisation code:
- Download the app from the App Store, search for “Orion3”.
If using an iPad please choose “iPhone Only” when searching.
- On first use, send the 8 digit “Authorisation Request Code” to your Blatchford representative.
- Enter the 12 digit code provided by your Blatchford representative into the app.
- Start programming Orion3!
For support questions please contact Blatchford Technical Support at firstname.lastname@example.org
* Compatible with all models of iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch running iOS v9 or later.