Blatchford is a world leading rehabilitation provider with clinical expertise in prosthetics, orthotics, special seating and wheelchairs. We design and manufacture the multi award-winning Endolite range of lower limb prostheses and provide clinical services to the NHS, military and patients internationally. With 128 years of innovation and expertise behind us, we produce the world’s most advanced microprocessor artificial limbs.
We now have an excellent opportunity for a Rehabilitation Engineer to join our busy Wheelchair service and support the delivery of an outstanding clinical service across North Yorkshire.
As a Rehabilitation Engineer, you will be a strong communicator, and have a flexible and caring approach. You will be methodical and have good organisational skills, particularly when working to varying deadlines, and you will be a proactive individual, who is passionate about delivering an excellent service and developing your skills within a professional service setting.
You will use these skills to work closely within a multi-disciplinary team, to deliver an effective patient led service to wheelchair users throughout the region.
You will support the service and its users by:
- Using your specialist technicial knowledge in wheelchairs, complex special seating and pressure care across a wide range of clinical conditions to assess, set up and demonstrate the use of equipment
- Working with the MDT to design and provide innovative solutions to service users
- Providing technical drawings to allow the production of innovative solutions
- Working with the Service Manager to ensure the development of the service
- Using specialist techniques for the handling of patients with physical and cognitive needs and appropriate techniques or precautions when treating/handling patients who present with behaviours and/or mental health needs
To be successful in this role, you’ll need:
- Experience of working in a mechanical engineering workshop, and be able to use hand and power tools
- To be able to demonstrate knowledge and application of mechanical engineering techniques
- To have experience of working with wheelchair users
- An HNC or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering, or a good level of experience working as a Wheelchair/Seating Technician or similar
- Excellent interpersonal skills and good written and verbal communication skills
- VRCT Registration
- In return we offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and the opportunity to develop within a successful wheelchair service.
This is a full time permanent role, working 37.5 hours per week – Monday to Friday, 08:30 to 16:30.
How to apply?
This really is an outstanding opening for the right candidate to join our specialist wheelchair team and drive the success of the service, so if this sounds like the right role for you, please apply now by sending your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org